The original King’s Four was an all-male quartet, founded by Lewis McCord in Marion , Indiana during the mid nineteen fifties. The group traveled throughout Indiana, Illinois and Ohio, and were broadcast on WMRI in Marion, and WBFC in Fremont , Michigan.
In 1958 a serious car accident, involving two members, sidelined the group. After a long recovery, Lewis became the song leader and Sunday school teacher at Hillside Wesleyan Church in Marion.
During his sixteen years there, two daughters, (Nancy and Anita) groomed their musical abilities, and along with Ethel McCord (Mom) they became the new King’s Four Quartet. They ministered in many revivals in and around Marion.
In 1977, Don Miller (then a ministerial student) now a chaplain for New Hope Hospice services, married Nancy, who added his preaching, singing and song writing skills. The name was then slightly changed to “Lewis McCord, and the King’s Four”.. More revivals and many more concerts followed. By 1980, the schedule grew to over 100 services a year, and in May of 1981, the King’s Four became a nonprofit organization. In 1984 Anita married Tony Brown who became Sound Tech and Coach driver .
Nowadays the group continues to minister in whatever capacity they are asked to serve. It may be a street fair, revival, church club or a variety of other special occasions, the King’s Four can be found singing, preaching and spreading the good news of Jesus Christ throughout the year.